FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [GONE] The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe (Carlsbad/San Diego), Tribute Port [Master Thread]
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:49 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I just had a disappointing one night stay here. My basic conclusion is that this place is really not suitable for business travelers. The focus is very much on wedding parties.

Positives: The setting is beautiful and the staff are very nice and accommodating. I also did not mind the $25 resort fee, as it includes parking (much better than the places which charge a $30 resort fee plus $40 for parking).

I had all kinds of issues though:

• Booked a suite, but didn't get one at check-in. They "upgraded" me to a Grand Deluxe Room, which had a nice private patio and a soaking tub, but no separate living space and no desk. Given that I needed to work, this was a problem.
  • No SPG recognition or explanation of amenities. I had to ask.
  • Around 10 pm, there was a strong smell of smoke in the room. It was from the room next door which had a wood burning fireplace. Thus began a lengthy back and forth with the (very nice) front desk agent about solutions. Wound up moving to a large suite near the pool.
  • Phone system was down the entire stay. They didn't proactively notify guests, so until this was explained to me, I thought the front desk just wasn't answering the phone. If you wanted any kind of service, you had to walk to the front desk. It's a fairly spread out property, so this was pretty inconvenient.
  • Internet was not very good. Download speeds were 3-4 mbps.
  • Breakfast amenity is continental or an $18 credit. Didn't get to check this out, as the service (1 server, no busboys) was glacially slow and I had to leave for a meeting in Del Mar.
  • At check-out, was told they computers were down. They couldn't print me a receipt, send me a receipt, or even tell me how much I owed. Still not sure what I'll be charged.