FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New member. Downgrade, fight with BA - what should I do?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:43 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Bold added:
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OP claimed for 75% of HALF of the ticket price, not 75% of the RT price.
Bold added
Originally Posted by Often1
Not according to the OP. He said that he claimed 75% of half the price of the ticket. That would have been GBP 974.46 (2598.57 / 2 *.75). Lopping off taxes, bearing in mind that APD alone is GBP 146, the BA and CEDR calculation sounds roughly correct.

OP is also entitled to a refund of the excess APD of GBP 73. That is not under EC 261/2004, but is simply a matter of making the request of Expedia, to whom the tax was paid.

Bottom line is that the correct result is arithmetic and does not require any policy overlay. OP does need the breakdown and I presume that Expedia can provide that. With the breakdown, he can figure out whether BA was correct in the first instance and, if it was, move on as this is not a personal matter in the least.

"GUTT3D I paid Expedia £2,598.57 (including taxes and credit card surcharge). I contacted BA in first instance, who said to contact Expedia, who suggested BA or Iberia etc. - after many weeks of going round the houses I ended up having to take BA to CEDR. I claimed for 75% of half the overall price I paid to Expedia
I don't see how what I said in the post you quoted is any different from what you said after the words "Not according to the OP."