FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ✨ Polaris (& PP) Retrofits: Schedule, ....
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:39 pm
hirohito888

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by wxguy
Don't forget some 77Ws are currently on non-ULH routes (NRT-SFO for example), and can easily be replaced by a Polarisized 772.
NRT-SFO is also there so that it can swap planes with the NRT-EWR-TLV plane. Otherwise, they'll have to continue to do the SFO-EWR domestic run with the 77W.

Originally Posted by halls120
In evaluating this subset, UA doesn’t look good compared to the competition, and to its own star alliance partners. I’ve heard it said that the only reason American and Delta are installing PE on their long haul fleet is due to pressure from their alliance partners.
It's evident that UA is non-competitive with PE, and there are other choices on *A airlines that offer that product. And you push for PE product because you are in that target segment. Maybe if other *A partners show UA the financial benefits of PE, UA will install PE.

I think UA is quite competitive with 50J on 772, it gives me more business seat inventory and more opportunities to purchase outright, upgrade or redeem. As compared to 37-45J on AA 772 or 37J on DL 772.