FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New member. Downgrade, fight with BA - what should I do?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:28 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You should try to get the money that BA owes you. There's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to verify their number. To me, it seems suspiciously low for a nonstop RT with what I assume would have been a discount (or deep discount) RT advanced purchase fare in premium economy in both directions. OTOH, there are reports/suspicions that BA picks its victims to downgrade based on who will cost them the least in compensation.

If you can see information on the other direction of your RT on the BA website, it might be helpful to post that here. Someone might be able to take your total ticket price for your RT and the fare and fare code for the other direction and be able to reverse engineer the details for your ticket in the direction of the downgrade. For example, EF has some historical fares as part of its subscription website, although of course that requires not only your travel dates and flight numbers but also the date of ticket purchase.

ADDED: Could your OLTA have sold you a bulk or consolidator ticket?

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Oct 15, 2017 at 12:40 pm