FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit security in Doha
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:13 am
Moscowflyer

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, *A Silver, Accor Diamond
Transit security in Doha

I was on a London-Doha-Hong Kong itinerary at the end of last week (first time in a long while on QR and I thought it was very good). One thing that struck me as odd is when we arrived off the London-Doha flight (which arrived on schedule) and stepped off the jetbridge, passengers terminating in Doha were directed up an escalator to the floor above. Those of us transiting (the majority I assume) followed a sign pointing to the left saying 'Connections" and were directed through a large door held open by a member of staff which took us straight into the departures area. So quick was it that I had time for a coffee in the lounge even with quite a short transit, which was a nice surprise.

My question for the more frequent QR is whether this is the usual procedure - to skip transfer security at Doha and go straight to departures (it wasn't on the outward flight connecting from HK to London at Doha). Admittedly we had come from London which has reasonably thorough security (but so does Hong Kong). Did Qatar take the view that London's security checks are good enough for them and let everyone through or was this just an unusual event?