FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:25 pm
jkjetsetters

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
Acess to a fmaily pool would have been nice, I prefer the ground floor access rather than higher floor.

Do they have other speciality suites on the ground floor with pool / beach access?
Well, the way this property is set up the lobby is on the 4th or 5th floor & then you go down to the 'ground' floor. Even though the pool suites are on the ground floor, it's almost more of a basement level. You can't get to the walkway without either going through the plunge pool or teetering around the edge of the pool (which also means walking across your neighbors' patios if your room is in the middle). And from the interior hallway, you have to either go up the elevator or go up 1 flight of stairs to get outside. So it's not a true ground floor.

Hmm I'm not sure if they have other suite types that do have walkout access, you might have to call & ask b/c the website isn't clear. If I recall correctly, the villas are the only things that walk out to the main pool/beach area. The lagoon pool-the most kid-friendly pool-is at the bottom of the stacked infinity pools, nearest to the beach, & by Morimoto. There aren't any hotel buildings in that area.