FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QFF cancelled with no notice [points expiry]
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:23 am
Platy

Originally Posted by bensyd
Why don't you ring Qantas and ask them. Then you won't have to rely on secondhand anecdotes.@:-)
Because:

1. I've experienced misinformation on telephone contact with QF - so I'd want it in writing
2. My recent experience is of 30 minute wait times even for premium - so I won't waste my time ringing QF and being put on hold for that long
3. It doesn't affect me personally - I'm turning over 100,000 pts without setting foot on a QF aircraft (hint the Yarrabank champagne and Alan Scott Pinot are crackers!)
4. Whatever the answer doesn't either invalidate or prove the actual experience of my friend - since there could have been a change of rules / inconsistent application of rules / inconsistent application of reinstatement offers

IMHO it is a sad state of affairs that the prevailing milieu on FT is to trash the customer experiences (particular first time of newly joined members) often on positions of tenuous logic and assumption, adopt a position of presuming perfection and good practice in the airline (hint: it's not that well managed), all the while with key players on this blog advocating a position wherein their conflicts of interest (hint: business with airline) are not made clear.

FWIW the question of whether a generic credit card transfer is deemed a points earn transaction or not could be relevant to some and therefore worthy of discussion (despite stupid remarks about such discussion being "embarrassing"). It could affect some folk as brutally as it did my friend.

Seriously, why even bother bringing such examples to people's attention if it only raises the usual chorus of know-it-all and smug responses that question the integrity and honesty of other folk?!