FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blogger on thinly-veiled AS/WN Battle for California
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:09 pm
jinglish

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by npei
Seems LUV can do no wrong in your eyes.
Since when is acknowledging potential positives for the average domestic traveler expressing devotion to an airline?

I flew WN for the first time in ten years back in June because the routing and timing were (according to the schedule, at least) more convenient than the alternatives on AA and the price was reasonable; I wound up having an absolutely miserable experience involving a 3.5-hour delay on my connection from MDW and winding up with the middle next to me being taken by a C-group boarder who clearly wasn't using deodorant. My experience was miserable, and I have no intention of flying them anytime soon unless they're the only reasonable option to get to my destination... but I know plenty of non-FTers who actually enjoy flying with them, including the unassigned seating. And none of my experiences flying them up and down the west coast as a kid were bad except for the connections in mediocre airports like OAK and SMF. To each his own.