Old Oct 13, 17, 6:36 pm
npei

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
Originally Posted by ucdtim17 View Post
As needs to be pointed out occasionally here, FTers are not normal fliers and don't represent the bulk of people that fill these planes. WN is the biggest domestic airline and the biggest in CA for a reason - they offer a good (the best?) product for people who don't care about extra legroom or first class but who do want free bags, no change fees, open seating and the largest network from large secondary airports like SMF, OAK, SJC and SAN.
Seems LUV can do no wrong in your eyes. I find they are often not the cheapest. Even the negatives like no extra legroom and no assigned seats can be dismissed. But plenty of people object to this.

WN knows I'm UA 1k [from focus group market research] and take many flights annually from SJC/OAK/SFO to LAX and transcons. I have stopped taking WN flights in last 10 years after 3 mostly unpleasant WN flights with flight delays and boarding-seating process. I decline each year to take more of their flights even when they send me offers of A1 status match and bonus miles offers.

I have taken AS a few times this year and like it well enough that I status matched to AS MVP75.