FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tier Point Runs V Health
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:09 pm
choosethedrew

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Chris_G
Yes Sir,

constipation sir...the enemy of any long haul flight and a tier point run in particular...

Massive porkfest in the F lounge at 7am followed by "second breakfast" (as per Lord of the Rings ) whilst flying to whatever EU destination is going to be the launch pad for the trip. Then lunch on the return trip followed by "afternoon tea" and "early dinner" in the F lounge as you wait for the long haul main event. Finally of course, dinner (a BA signature steak of course) on the long haul to wherever...

The risk is significantly increased if all snacks that are presented are then consumed and champagne drunk.

The result means arriving at the destination with a gut full of decomposing red meat. Alcohol, the salty snacks and cabin air also ensure maximum dehydration and errr... resulting hardness of the etc etc

Dulcolax to the rescue...!!

I wish this wasn't true...Chris
I feel your pain! One TP run I got the same, most others no issue at all and I generally ingest most of what’s offered. Here is what alleviated things for me:
  • Yoghurt or, even better, kefir
  • Exercise in between flights i.e. in hotel gym, or failing that walking up stairs when could use lift, not using travelator etc.
  • Obviously lots of water
  • Camomile tea
  • A spicy meal or even hot Bloody Mary from AA lounge bar
  • Not obsessing over when to go and carrying on as usual
  • Worse comes to worse, senna tea, much better and more natural feeling than tablets
  • Double espresso and Marlboro Gold

Last edited by choosethedrew; Oct 13, 2017 at 4:25 pm