FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering guide
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:45 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
I am sad to report that the domestic Kosher meal has been further enhanced (apparently). On a Midday GLA-LHR flight today it consisted of an undressed dry chicken salad. For the first time the standard meal looked better. Ah well, it was good while it lasted, but the Halibut and Salmon platter seems to be a dim and distant memory!
Great shame. The KSML was the only saving grace among the medium band catering disgrace. I suspect that it probably became 'too popular' for the greedy BA accountants who thus decided to cut the budget for it till Hermiolis can't produce anything decent.

Paradoxically, in a way, I would understand it if BA decided that they just want to offer a crummy CE product and then tough, but I find it absolutely baffling that they are clearly invest in trying to make the product better on some flights only to ruin their own efforts by making it so markedly worse on some other flights. The strategy just seems utterly incoherent to me.