FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QFF cancelled with no notice [points expiry]
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:53 pm
Platy

Originally Posted by IMOA
Which counts as activity so the points wouldn't expire. I suspect your friend may not have told you the whole truth and that you may be somewhat predisposed to believing the worst about Qantas.
Well you're entitled to your opinion of course (although your implication that he is untruthful is bordering on the offensive) - all I can relay is that my friend is an extremely thorough and detailed sort of guy (IT / multimedia / product marketing background) and I have successfully placed my trust in him in various business deals over the years and never found him nothing less that a person of absolute competence and integrity.

My predisposition is to expect service in line with that which a customer might reasonably expect. Generally, in forming an opinion my reference points are:

1. Need to comply with the relevant trade practices legislation (e.g. honest dealings with consumers)
2. Need to comply with the relevant consumer protection legislation (e.g. product /service is fit for purpose for the price paid)
3. The company's own guidelines and conduct and ethics and customer charter (e.g. transparency in dealing with customers)

I'm also predisposed to a perception that attentive customer service wins and retains customers in a competitive market. Some others herein seem to differ in their viewpoint.

That said, to take a position that somebody else's experience must be dishonestly related because it doesn't fit with your world view is somewhat unfortunate (but commonly the case on Flyertalk).

Do you really think QF wiping out a significant number of points from an account recently transferred from a credit card makes good business sense?