FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - who's requiring airlines to ask US green card holders personal questions at check-in?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:25 am
Mats

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I once heard such a ridiculous question being asked of a US LPR I knew. I responded to the question (asked not of me) by saying “are you’re being sexist by assuming that the principals of schools are men? And so should we also assume that you will be racist in your questions?”. The look on the guy’s face was priceless.

My last round of ridiculous questions in the name of “security”was when flying US carriers this week, but I’ve seen some such questions also when flying VS out of say MAN.

Being a US citizen, US LPR, or otherwise a US person, the ridiculous questions when flying US carriers are at their worst for US nationals and LPRs and others who don’t fit into some simple stereotype in the mind of these interrogators.

GUWunder High five for the sexism remark.
I was thinking of something even more evil: "The headmaster? What have you heard? Do you think the allegations are true? Where did you read it?" Questions like that are bound to make Mr. or Ms. Swissport uncomfortable, and it also calls their bluff: they have no idea what the correct answer is. (Indeed there were incidents at my school, so I'd have no trouble forking over excesses of information.)

As for the CEO question, I as also thinking of something to horrify them. "That was ONE TIME at the meeting in Orlando. We'd both had a few too many, and I knew that things were rocky with her husband... How did you find out? Who told you?"

Years ago, Virgin had a particularly weird one. They would take your phone ask, "Who was the last person you called?" I can safely say that I have NO IDEA who I called last or why. I think a nice Seinfeld-ish answer would be good. "Oh, I know who I called. It was the dermatologists' office about the anti-fungal cream. I think it's making it worse. Do you know any thing about skin fungus?"

They key is to be dead serious and to keep talking. It still might get an SSSS but it would be worth it.

Last edited by Mats; Oct 14, 2017 at 9:21 am