FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I am done with KLM/AIR FRANCE
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:56 am
Lewis42

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Concerto
Well, like the other two monopolies in Europe, they no longer care about customers. As choice disappears through consolidation and bankruptcies, they know that sooner or later we will have to come back and use their services, no matter how they treat us. KLM seems to have changed a lot in the last couple of years, to my eyes.
There are no monopolies when looking at the European airline industry as a whole.

For Germany...yeah, I now spend a lot of time here and well...we're screwed! luckily the DB is good and affordable.

For the rest of Europe you have the big 3 Groups LH, IAG, AFKL BUT don't forget for all other intra-europa flights you have Ryanair, Easyjet, Wizzair...etc... They are big airlines!

Then when looking at international you have ME3, Chinese airlines, SEA airlines, US Airlines, South American airlines. There is no monopoly when not just looking at individual countries. We have pretty good competition, as a whole.