FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - +Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free
Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:24 pm
FlyingScientist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
The Souq Waqif is the one that puzzles and intrigues me most. It seems to have more cachet and be more Arabic in style, and since I liked the Sharq I could be tempted to give it a go, but I'm puzzled about the multiple buildings. In fact, when wanting to select it, you can choose three different types of 'deluxe rooms' with the exact same description, which I assume might be corresponding to different buildings? But if so, how do we know which is which? Are some buildings even clearly nicer than others? Rooftop restaurants and courtyard pools look charming but I don't really know what to make of it.
I am a fan of the Souq Waqif because of the style and the location. The spread over various locations is indeed confusing. If the pool is important to you, it is located in the Al-Mirqab hotel, which is also the largest. However, the rooms facing the main street can be affected by noise. In contrast, I once had a room at the Al-Bidda hotel, which was the quietest hotel room I ever had. Those are the two properties that have a restaurant which is always open for buffet breakfast. You are free to choose regardless of in which property you stay. The Al-Najada hotel is very stylish (being three connected buildings with inner courtyards). If you have never tried Souq Waqif, I would recommend to give it a go. – You might like it... (but it depends on taste which is quite subjective)