FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complimentary Food & Beverage for GS & 1K Members when Seated in Economy (Archive}
Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:03 pm
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Asked for my usual Moscow Mule yesterday. FA said "Just to let you know, those aren't part of the program, but I'll let you have that one. Just keep it in mind for the future". I asked "Since when?". "Since start of program - we only get two. The wine and Tito's are excluded also". I decided to approach him at back of a/c after everyone deplaned in manner that might get him to look at his service guidelines. I apologized for my belligerent response and told him I've always gotten them and was acting on what I knew/thought was the current limitation (the wine) mentioned in the mailing we got and on the web site, which I showed to him on my iPhone. I suggested maybe they have directives that vary from the program details we've been provided. He then said he "seemed to recall a recent service bulletin limiting Mule distribution" - which ran contrary to his initial "forever" response. Hopefully the service bulletin is a figment or fabrication and the Mule will be offered by him in the future. He was professionally courteous in our conversation. He said UA sort of makes it hard at times. Said the Mules were popular and there's usually not enough to meet demand. I suggested that's a catering issue and (being cynical) maybe there's an idea at UA that there's a cost saving in not catering too many of them because that "idiot from Maui" and like-minded 1K/GS Mulers are the only ones drinking them (and for 'free' at that).