FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Autoslash now just a priceline subsidiary?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:59 pm
cblaisd
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mrlasssen
...I have some reservations with you now and am asking if you will continue looking for lower prices on those reservations?
My understanding is that you have to go to www.autoslash.com/track and put in the details from the Priceline reservation in order to have the reservation tracked for price drops. And then when it happens, rinse and repeat.

Originally Posted by heraclitus
...It's not really obvious to me how Autoslash is any different now vs. just starting out in priceline myself? I click on a rate and it just takes me to priceline's 1001 different options where I presumably have to search for the rate myself. Why bother?
I find the Priceline links to be pretty obvious in terms of what class car I'm looking for; almost always at the top of the list.

The whole reservation/tracking process is MUCH more cumbersome than it used to be and I dearly hope Autoslash can find a less workload-on-the-user source for bookings and will once again automatically re-book price drops.

That said, I will continue to go through the cumbersome process of reserving with Priceline (and put up with their subsequent spammy emails), putting details in Autoslash/track, getting a price drop, re-reserve, cancel old one, re-track. Why? They have continued to save me major dollars, although I will admit that the auto rental companies have made it much more difficult to use Autoslash -- which is regrettable.