FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way to extend avios beyond the 36 months-period
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:50 am
EsherFlyer

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by nic14691
Hey,

I was checking the other forums but could not really find an answer to my particular question. I am just a few months short of the 36 months since my last transaction, so my avios are about to expire. Since I have around 150k avios, I am desperately trying to keep them for later use. Any recommendations on what is the best/cheapest way to keep them? I am based in Germany, if that matters and won´t have any time to redeem for flights before the 36 months end...

Thanks in advance!
The info on this old offer and current partners suggests that you can collect a few Avios at the Chic Outlet Wertheim Village near Frankfurt, although the don't list BA as a partner on their own page.

If its the same process as in UK Bicester village (where the site does list BA) you have to go the customer service desk to do the credit, so you could ask if they can credit to BA before shopping.

I wasn't very interested in many of the clothing brands that Bicester has, but the Le Cruset shop had some handy pan mats for mashing spuds on for a few GBP .

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Oct 12, 2017 at 11:55 am