FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QFF cancelled with no notice [points expiry]
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:33 am
Kylie Clark

QFF cancelled with no notice [points expiry]

My husband and I just realised our QFF points have expired, however I noticed just after a few months (expired 30/06/17) and called them and they offered the '2500 points redemption program', although in speaking with them, I remembered we flew Jetstar in March and used our QFF members card which clearly did not register (how many times has this happened if you don't check, which we shouldn't have to). My points should now be reinstated as I luckily located the flight number (but not the point).

After my husband checked his statement, his has expired 31/10/16 and after reading alot of blogs, their 'so called' emails to inform the points were expiring was in the 'fine print' and receiving numerous emails in a day, who reads the fine print.

My husband had 130,000 points have now expired and they will NOT allow him to join the 'program' to reinstate the points.

I understand that the info is in the T & C's, but who reads all that rubbish and maybe we should check the statements but with all the spam that you get, the heading should mention 'points expiry'.....or like the TAB, which clearly states, current points, expiring points.

Reading other blogs, a letter in the post CLEARLY explaining this would be nice or a CLEAR email in the SUBJECT LINE would be customer service. I guess they want it this way.

Has anyone had any luck at all getting their points back after fighting the ACCC or other programs.

Miss Jane