View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 17, 12:33 am
makin'miles

I had a great stay here in September, four nights upgraded to a Fantastic Suite using SNAs. Large, comfortable room with a bath and a half, two step-out balconies with a view of St. Isaac's, and a comfortable king bed. Bottles of water replenished daily, and housekeeping did a good job.

I took the breakfast as my amenity, which was really solid and served in Cococo. They make all the coffees to order, so it always took a few minutes to get another one - I would have been happy with a small carafe or brewed coffee. I also had dinner at Cococo one night and enjoyed it - its clearly popular with the local crowd and was packed on Saturday night. Prices were high for Russia, but given the value of the ruble, I found the restaurant (and indeed the whole cite) to be good value.

F+B is also served in the Living Room (lobby), which was a fairly dead scene, as well as the terrace on the roof. I charged F+B from all three outlets to my room, however the bill at Cococo didn't result in SPG points in my account - which I believe it should have. I haven't bothered following up.

The gym and sauna/steam/pool are open to all hotel guests. Gym is small, but with decent equipment.

The location is amazing. There are a hundred great sites to see in St. Petersburg, but my favourite was probably the interior of St. Isaac's. Do yourself a favour at every ticketing line and get your tickets from the automatic kiosks, rather than lining up. If you're going to the Hermitage (Winter Palace location), buy your tickets at the Hermitage (General Staff Quarters) across Palace Square - no lines there at all, and once you have a ticket there's a separate line just to the left of the Winter Palace ticketing line. I didn't wait more than a minute to get in.

All in all, a very good hotel in a city I really enjoyed. As mentioned, the location is outstanding. I'll definitely be back, and would recommend the W to anyone.