FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Basic Economy - Discussion, Q&A, ... {Archive}
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:50 pm
ermintrude

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Originally Posted by findark
If you include the free drink and snack for 1K, maybe, but I'm looking at sub-500mi routes as for a longer domestic flight I'm paying for F and not considering WN anyway.
That's around the distance I was thinking of (maybe up to 750 miles). Free 1K Baggage allowance is - 3X70 lbs vs 2X50 lbs on WN I think. Also IROPS should be better with 1K. I think it's splitting hairs between the 2 products. My CPU rate this year is about 90% on the 4 lowest Y fare classes, so on my dime I'm buying Y and I let my company buy F & J (so no chance me buying BE on anything other than a short hop)

Originally Posted by Kacee
Of course, I'm never buying a BE ticket so it doesn't matter. In fact, various factors, including the silly UA fare structure, are pushing most of my domestic purchases to DL and VX.
If you have never smelt poo how can you truly describe the smell; well that's my thought on BE. I'm going to have to try it once at some point (well on a short hop with a large fare differential)