FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TPE Airport-disappointed
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:00 pm
mapleg

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by akalra1187
Also had a pretty poor experience departing TPE. Long lines even flying Royal Laurel. Over crowded BR lounge, went over to the SQ lounge which was spartan.
Arriving wasn't too bad.
LHR blows it out of the water, and LHR isn't exactly good. LHR T2 & T5 for sure, and dare I say T4 with the excellent QR lounge, pretty good EY lounge and quick waiting times throughout the terminal.
I went over to the SQ Lounge after a shower at the EVA Infinity. It was just so overcrowded with loudmouths yakking into their phones.

Went to SQ lounge--I was the only person in it and finally one other person came in as well. I did not think it was spartan...seemed quite nice.

I have an upcoming trip where I was going to stay just one night in TPE as a break on the trip. Think I will change it and forget about that plan as looks like a big waste of time. About 40 minutes to clear immigration on the way in, and probably 50-55 minutes on the outward journey with security and immigration. All of this was on a paid business class ticket. Poor showing.