FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:12 am
nldogbert

Originally Posted by SeatReserved
A week ago on HKG-CDG I asked to see how much the upgrade Y to W would have cost on-board. Y purser showed the iPad saying 50000miles.

Funny thing, eventually she said it’s not even possible as someone from the cockpit needs the seat. Well, there sure was a guy in the seat, for 20 minutes while he ate, then back to the cockpit. I sat front row in Y and this seat was 2 meters from me.
I think you should be glad that you did not waste those 50000 miles for that PE seat - it really is not worth that amount of miles even if you have unlimited miles in your account - as it seems that you had a bulk head seat in Eco which is actually more or less the same PE from leg space point of view.
Am saying this after again back from a worthless PE seat experience (I just fly it because it is not out of my own pocket and for the guaranteed 100% miles or more).

Though going back to the topic, this is rather crazy to ask for so many miles for a really 10% better seat/amenities compared to Y.

Cheers!