FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016
Old Oct 10, 17, 8:46 am
B1

If the lowest price is non-cancellable you have to book it for the BRG!

I tried the BRG for Montreal - Expedia was $122 and IHG $160. Both rates are for a cancellable standard room and the IHG site was in "Best Available Rate". It was denied because there is a lower non-cancellable rate on IHG of $150, which is more than the cancellable rate on Expedia. IHG told me that I have to have booked the non-cancellable rate. There is no choice. I am not interested in the non-cancellable rate as we have to deal with family health issues. This seems to contradict the policy listed in the lead post of the Wiki. IHG responded when I challenged it - I have to book at the lowest rate on IHG, no matter what. This is a bad deal and I will avoid IHG. I wrote back and the decision was confirmed. In my experience, Marriott does not play these petty games. What IHG is saying is that they guarantee a rate - but only the rate for the type of booking that is the lowest on their web page, even if that "best" rate is more than Expedia. This is a game not a guarantee.

Last edited by B1; Oct 10, 17 at 9:52 am Reason: corrected title