FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Swapping, Seat Poaching and Seating Etiquette: The Definitive Thread
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:42 pm
PTravel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bergamini
Thank you for focusing on the semantics. If you Google the term "FAA imposed regulations" you will find that the FAA does indeed impose a lot of regulations. And since those semantics are important to you, I'm sure you meant to say that Congress passes bills; they aren't laws until signed by the president or a presidential veto is over-ridden (although you didn't).
I'm a lawyer. The distinction matters. Regulations aren't voted on.

It pretty clearly says that it "requires airlines to generally ensure that children 13 years of age or under are seated adjacent to an adult or older child traveling with them" and later provisions state within the cabin purchased. I look forward to the smug elite who is convinced that they don't have to move for a family and then become the next Dr. Dao.
Wow, so much attitude! "Smug elite," hunh? I don't know why you think the legislation means that airlines can continue selling single seats to parents with children and then move around seated pax to accommodate them, but I doubt that's what will happen. Rather, airlines will mark PNRs when parents are traveling with children and keep them together when seats are assigned.

Smug elite because someone who chose a seat doesn't want to give it up to some parent with a young child? Whatever.