FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I've been Global Services for 5 years and I'm looking elsewhere. Anyone else?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:16 pm
kevanyalowitz

Programs: UA 3K UGS 3MM
Originally Posted by spin88
This is the heart of it. You are flying United at an outstation, and if you are GS, self evidently are connecting in SFO or EWR. SFO is a weather pit, and as you have noted the lounges are crowded and not so great to begain with (both the Centurion Lounge and the DL SkyClub are heads and tails above any UC at SFO) and is 4 hours out of the way, and EWR is just a CS pit. Only a masochist would fly UA metal ex-SEA. If you were crediting to UA and flying ANA and LH (to Russia and Eastern Europe) I would think it was not a bad deal, but unless you are doing this, and still getting $50K+ on UA metal, you are either (a) doing a long flight to EWR in the gross monstrosity called the UA 737-900ER, or (b) connecting in SFO. All I Can say is yuck.

Agree, though SEA GS is seriously one of a kind. Incredible culture of service, know many of the frequent GS on a first name basis, go out of their way to accommodate. I have better GS treatment in SEA than any other airport - - certainly the hubs.

It doesn't address the issue of having to connect, but I suspect many long time SEA GS have been retained because of the wonderful team there.