FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:42 am
aad665

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold, AF Plat and other minors
Originally Posted by Ditto
But how do you know how many tickets they actually sold to begin with?
Having J3 might just mean they would be happy to sell 3 full-fare business class tickets, and if everyone shows up downgrade and pay compensation for 3 passengers on a cheaper fare.
because 10 min before closing boarding, I had access to internal information ( I can't disclose the source) and J3 for an upgrade available and 4-5 AF staffs as J seats (It is fine).

So, I had time to observe friends and family tiers ( the 6 tiers), before doors closed, J and W had empty seats ( as per my internal and confirmed source), 2-3 minutes after the doors closed, the AF magic happened, as usual, and W and J were full. I was a nominated AF Observer for that flight and was duly reported, but I don't expect anything to change. It is AF.

So, my conclusion, the 6 tiers out of 5 is still the best value for money: Friends and Familly = Box of chocolates. Unfortunately, with over 200k miles with AF/KLM per year, I am not part of that family.

To finish with it...those CIO Orly based 777, what a disgrace, so overdue for a revamp.

C'est la vie.