FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:36 am
bisonrav

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
EZY are a well drilled organisation who are working to a well established business model. I always try to sit in 1C when I fly EZY, and the energy of the teams even on the last flight of the day is extremely impressive. I love to watch them organising and accounting for the trolley contents, almost up to the point of arrival sometimes.

BA I think are in a process of change, which always creates some problems. If you've had one sort of job and it changes into another, you will not necessarily adjust immediately, or at the same speed as your colleagues, and that creates tensions and a bit of backbiting here and there.

Essentially BoB is a good idea if the quality is good - I'm not all that bothered about getting 5 minutes on a 1 hour flight to drink a mini coke bottle and eat a pack of pretzels just to have a bit of complimentary service. Cashless payments aren't a bad idea either, this is the way the world is moving and not having to find change in two currencies can't help but streamline the process.

Long haul, I would LOVE to be able to pre-book food. I would happily pay for this if it arrives promptly and you get everything together - I had one WT+ flight where the pre-order was doled out and then I had to wait for the drinks trolley about 25 minutes later to get a glass of wine.

I think what it comes down to in my mind is good service, and that's what seems to be slightly drifting away with BA - the net result of the reductions is that you feel unvalued as a customer. I remember Virgin really shaking things up in the 1990s in Y in long haul with little gestures - an ice cream mid flight for example - and being delighted by that. It cost them peanuts. I don't blame the cabin crew for this, but the context they're working in. Save me money and give me a good experience and I'll buy your product. Remove things from a mediocre experience and I'll start looking elsewhere.