FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I leave luggage in rental at CDG?
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2004, 11:16 am
blairvanhorn
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge VintageŽ) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by jkzahn
I arrive in Paris early in the morning and have a rental with Hertz. I don't need to be to a city outside of Paris until later in the evening, so I would like to see a few sites very quickly. Unfortunately, there is no luggage storage in the airport.

Do you think I could rent the car when I arrive in the morning, store my luggage in the trunk, head to Paris, and then return and leave with the car 6-7 hours later?

Any other options?

Thanks!
My understanding is that you want to leave your luggage in the trunk of the rental car while you visit Paris during the day? Where are you planning on leaving the rental car - in an airport parking lot?

I would advise against this: my upstairs neighbor often leaves his car at CDG parking over the weekend and it has been broken into THREE times now (trunk and car).

Have you thought about renting a room at one of the cheaper hotels? The Ibis is right next to the RER subway station and has parking - rates are from 75 euros per day. Just an idea ...

http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhote...he_hotel.shtml