FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - San Diego Comic Con 2017-Freeks and Geeks?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:53 pm
twindocstravel

Programs: United Mileage Plus, American AAdvantage, Hilton Honors, SPG
Originally Posted by SPBanker
This was a great TR!
Thanks SPBanker!

Originally Posted by lmwong1977
Great pics/trip report. I'm of the opinion, one should try to go at least once to experience it if one's interested. Glad your tenacity worked for you and your son. ^

[BTW the two ladies in leather labeled as maybe GoT on your site - pretty sure they are Wonder Woman amazons.]

But dang it's a lottery to get badges now? I guess it was a lottery before as you had to refresh the page or call over and over again hoping to get thru.

I went 2008-2012 - mainly because I was really into RTD's Doctor Who (and Torchwood). I remember those lines and they only got worse every year. In 2008, one could get into the DW panel (back then in Ballroom 20) by getting in line 2 or three panels early. By 2012, I was up at 5:30am only to end up in the back third of Hall H.
I'm glad my tenacity finally paid off as well and thanks for the correction the Wonder Woman Amazons, some of those were just beyond me! Yeah, I would consider standing in line for a few hours but that whole overnight thing is beyond me!