FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:01 am
aad665

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold, AF Plat and other minors
Originally Posted by aad665
Hi all,

Thanks all for the good info. Great job here.

So, I am looking at the new policy for my upcoming flights (MRU-RUN-ORY//CDG-TXL) departing Oct 5th. I am looking to upgrade AF0671 from W to J. We are now T-56 and the Twitter team is quoting 914.14eur + penalty 150 euro +fee 15eur. In MMB, I don't see any option to upgrade with cash.

It seems obvious it is a full fare upgrade and not the new policy?

what is the availability on Oct 05, AF 0671?

Thanks all,

aad665
So, post flight debriefing.

Nothing was available at OLCI. At RUN, I asked the ticket agent, J4 and W3 were available for purchase. The new system was in place, so the agent (very embarrassed) read me the new 5 tiers price:

1,250euro - 0 mile
...-...
0 euro - 180,000miles.

A total non-sense, as it is more expensive than simply upgrading the fare (914eur) and 180.000 miles for upgrade, they must be smoking good weed at AF HQ. Any, I declined. in July, it was 359euro from W to J.

30 minutes before doors closing, J3 and W3 were still available and Y was totally empty.

By AF only them knows the magical system " friend and family of the crew", J and W was totally full right after boarding and doors closed. only AF has such a efficient "Friend and family" system. No need for a 5 tiers system if your part of the family and friends, it cost a small box of chocolates only. Better deal.