FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it worth it making Premier Silver? [2017-2019 Consolidated]
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:58 pm
prometa

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Is the premier desk any different w silver than the premier desk access you get as a chase united club cardholder?

Basically I’ll be 10,376 PQM short by year end after accounting for planned trips so trying to do the math if it’s worth it to do a mileage run for that much just To get silver.
Premier Access = elite check-in, elite security line, group 2 boarding

Premier Desk = special call in number staffed by US employees without hold times, can do things regular customer service line cannot, and can do it faster, because they are the most experienced.

As a prior United Club cardholder, I'm fairly sure you don't have access to the premier desk, but you do get premier access.

The premier desk is the #1 benefit of being a United elite, even Silver. I've had the premier desk fix issues in seconds, change flights due to expected weather (in advance of delays officially announced), among other things. The #2 benefit, as others have indicated, is IRROPS handling. I've been able to get a confirmed seat on a fully blocked flight with 10+ standbys in the midst of storms causing hell.