FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I've been Global Services for 5 years and I'm looking elsewhere. Anyone else?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:35 pm
DJ_Iceman

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Since I am not in your financial or travel shoes, what I'm about to say may make sense to me but not to you. But why on earth do you care a hoot about loyalty programs at all?

If you're generally buying business/first class tickets anyway, it's not like you're looking for upgrades. As you've vividly pointed out, some airlines offer far superior service to others regardless of elite status. You even asked if having no brand allegiance would be better for you--I think the answer to that question is "yes".

The only thing I can think of that could change the calculus is if you think those travel/spending habits could ever change over the course of your next 30 years of travel. If you would have to start buying economy tickets, for instance, then elite status would start to mean more. How close are you to any kind of million miler status on UA?

Other than that, enjoy the true perks of spending so liberally. You might not get treated any better, but at least you won't feel like you've been promised certain treatment (a la GS) and not getting it.