FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New bonus point packages not counted toward Elite Qualifying Points?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:49 pm
DaveH

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chongcao
I have written extensively in another Flyertalk thread.
This thread? https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...00-points.html

Or do you refer to another?

I will repeat here again: your rate does not qualify for 10K to be EQP.

The reason is there are 2 types of Bonus Points packages. One is IHG Rewards Club specified and the other is Hotel Specified Promotions.

IHG Rewards Club Bonus Points package is Elite Qualified whereas Hotel Specified Promotion is not.

To identify which is IHG Rewards Club Bonus Points package and which is hotel specified, you can see from rate description.
Not so much. Here is the description, verbatim, of my package:

Description
IHG reward members will receive 10000 points per stay. Great package to boost you balance with IHG. Points will not apply to consecutive reservations.
Taxes and Service Charges

Taxes: 10.3% per night not included in rate effective 6 October, 2017 thru 7 October, 2017
Maximum # of Persons per Room Allowed
2 person max.
Note this is not called a "hotel promotion," anywhere. The only reference is to IHG reward members", and it being a "Great package to boost your balance."

That language, coupled with the terms and conditions I cited above, left me reassured that these would be EQP.

Last edited by DaveH; Mar 12, 2018 at 3:36 pm