FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton DFW Airport, Dallas/Fort Worth [Master Thread]
Old Jun 4, 2004, 3:24 pm
sbtinme

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BlueHenFlyer

Checked out and got front desk manager - complained about room, was told that "when you checked in, that was all that was left" - translation - "we thought you missed your plane and gave a better room away." Complained about paper and was told "the storm interrupted delivery and we ran out before we got to your floor." Asked if I wanted one then (as I was leaving for work), I said yes and they gave me a used one that the bellman had been reading.

Asked about Sheraton Service Promise and was told "we gave you a newspaper, what else do you want?"

Umm. I'm with the hotel on this one. While I would've been peeved about the lousy room as a Plat, I would've cut them some slack given the significant storm that blew through town -- that was the leading news story that night on cable news over and over for hours. It was a big deal. My guess is that there were huge delays and cancellations and the Sheraton DFW got jammed up real fast with lots of folks who weren't planning to spend the night in Dallas. Yes, you should've had a quality room protected for you as a Plat, but the newspaper thing is not worth mentioning.

It reminds me of a huge flood and subsequent power loss we had here in Maine about 4 or 5 years ago. Truly massive with lots of roads collapsing and folks without power for days. The nearby Hampton Inn reported that that -- even without power or hot water-- only ONE person asked for their "Quality Guarantee" refund. It was cheerfully given to him. Ten minutes later, he came back to the hotel and insisted on paying instead after all. He told the newspaper he would've been a "total jerk" to have blamed any of it on the hotel. My kind of person.