FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How successful is AC seasonal service PRG-Toronto?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:50 pm
Jacob02

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
As a data point, I flew this route last year towards the end of summer. En route to Prague the flight was 2/3 empty but on the way back was nearly full.

My impression. This is not a prime market for premium travel from North America. That's why it's served by Rouge. We travel frequently to Prague and you can tell that most of the pax are VFR traffic. Most of the premium pax to Prague come in on EK or KE from the other direction. That said, we would possibly take AC if there was a bit YVR-PRG flight served by mainline but I think that's unlikely.
Thanks for sharing! I have to admit I am not aware of much marketing for the route on either side so am not certain it is using its max. potential, and the lack of a mainline service might be making some business pax less interested if they still have to make a connection somewhere in North America or Western Europe.

Next year's frequencies on Rouge are slightly higher so it seems like the potential to grow is there. As a VFR myself, I travel mostly outside of the summer season, hence the selfish hope they go non-stop (sure, I know my convenience is not their main concern ).

If anyone has access to more detailed load data, that'd be great to see.