FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:51 pm
landrew

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
This may be very old news but I haven't been on in a while. I renewed my Nexus for the first time in April. It was complete BS, waste of my time and travel to the center, quite inconvenient and the "interview" was superficial. Since I have never ever had any issues I didn't think I should have to go at all given reports of mail renewals by others.

The one question that surprised me was when they just asked spontaneously if I'd ever been to Cuba. I asked "why" and was told that it would prohibit my participation in NEXUS. Seemed preposterous to me, especially since we had just normalized relations with them.

The only reason I could figure for them asking is that I'm also Canadian and therefore could have traveled there for years.

Don't think I'll go right now, though!

Just looking at the past coupla messages. Our neighbors forgot to update their new PP information and were hauled off and lashed by CBP for having forgotten to do so... one would THINK that having your PP in renewal would be a reasonable excuse but it may all depend on what the agent had for lunch (in my experience).