FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA overbooking incentive policy
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:47 am
joequimby

Programs: QF, BA
BA overbooking incentive policy

Hey all,

Currently in Pisa awaiting BA607 to LHR. On check in, we were presented with a piece of paper explaining the flight was overbooked and volunteers are sought to travel from Bologna to LHR on BA451 two days later.

In return, volunteers receive a EUR 250 cash card, transport, meals and accommodation.

There is fine print that states if volunteers can still travel as originally booked, the offer is not applicable. I can see the business logic, but is very cheeky if the volunteer has already started making alternative arrangements.

I personally think the offer is very poor for travel two days later. I'm curious what the BA policy is and whether it's an umbrella policy or has provisions to consider other factors (different airport, length of delay, number of overbooked seats, etc). Can anyone better enlightened share further insight?

On a side note, we arrived at 1745 for our 2115 departure. On approaching the check in desk for our boarding passes (HBO), we were turned away as the flight hadn't opened which is fair enough and expected. We didn't ask to move to the earlier BA2601 to LGW departing at 1910, but if we were offered it, we would've taken it. I would have been impressed with the quick thinking