FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel declines Your24 but willing to upsell late check-out
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:27 am
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If one looks under MSP's handle, she's PlatMinus too (unless she hasn't updated under her handle) But yeah I don't see the need for the phrase. SPG has 3 levels of Plat. If one meets even the lowest level, they're still a Plat.

To the OP, while the property couldn't do the 7pm, that they extended to 5pm (hour past 4pm) was nice given they didn't have to do so.

Cheers.
Well then, I apologize, but I still cringe every time I hear the term "PlatMinus".

As far as the OP, he has earned the Your24 benefit which entitles him to check in/check out over any 24 hour period, as long as the hotel has availability. The fact that hotel has availability for a fee but not as a Your24 benefit is just plain wrong. I don't see why he/she should be grateful for free 5 pm check out if 7 pm check out is available for a fee. Either it's available for 7 pm check-out or it isn't. (I have Your24 and it is an amazing benefit when the hotel co-operates.)