FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:59 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Mattt1
I’ve had my CEDR response from BA over the MF strike and am currently preparing my rebuttal, would be good to discuss with others who are going through the same thing.
I think it's worth pointing out that this was for cancellation caused by the MF strike, but on a route that MF were not due to be rostered, namely Riyadh. There is an argument which covers MF routes, but a rather stronger one for knock-on impacts. If I was involved with this, I would be focusing on the final words of the relevant sentence in 5.2:
An operating air carrier shall not be obliged to pay compensation in accordance with Article 7, if it can prove that the cancellation is caused by extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.