FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Boston Logan Airport {US-MA}
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:04 am
storewanderer

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
I am a little troubled by Hilton doing what I see as "taking advantage" of Honors Gold/Diamond Members.

Charging an absurd price for liquor in the executive lounge is unacceptable. The liquor price in the executive lounge should be the same price as whatever the lobby bar charges, at the most. Otherwise they are flat out taking advantage of the Gold/Diamond Members charging them more for something than a non "elite" member would pay downstairs.

The same goes for the breakfast upcharges. If the Continental costs $14 and the Hot costs $19, the upcharge for Gold/Diamond to "upgrade" to Hot should be $5. Yet many properties put some random higher upcharge to get hot items, like $10 or something, that is more than the difference between the menu price for Continental vs. Hot. Again this is not the right way to handle Gold/Diamond members.

I am not saying Hilton needs to give free liquor in the executive lounge to Gold/Diamond Members or give us all free hot breakfasts but at least be fair to us and do not penalize us with higher costs than non-elite members would pay for the same thing.