FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some random Causeway Bay questions
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:08 pm
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Internaut
1. I’ll be taking the Hong Kong Airport Express. Is there a free bus service from the station to the hotel (like the one I used on the Kowloon side). Is it hotel in walking distance of Central?
No and no.

a. None of the Airport Express free shuttle stops nearby HI Express. Your best alternative is MTR all the way (Airport > (Airport Express) > Hong Kong Station > (Walk) > Central Station > (Hong Kong Line) > Causeway Bay Station) and walk to the hotel.

In the alternative, you can also take Citybus Cityflyer Route A11 all the way to Causeway Bay.

The walking distance is the similar for both method.

b. From Central to Causeway Bay, it passes through 3 MTR stations. It is "walk-able", but nowhere near the term "walking distance".

2. No five star hotel with Michelin starred restaurants for this trip... I’m after recommendations for places to eat from Flyertalkers. I’m looking for good, local food. I’m not terribly cosy conscious, but I am open minded to good suggestions at either end of the price scale.
What kind of food do you have in mind? And what did you do last time?

3. Anything of interest in the area, or is it just a place to eat and sleep?
Malls unfortunately. Causeway Bay has been changed dramatically to a place mostly for shopping (especially to tourists).

4. What’s going on with the weather??? Isn’t it supposed to be lovely Sept/Oct?
No. The climate won't change until Mid-Autumn Festival has passed.