FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mini RTW Questions
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:31 pm
JCYC5

Originally Posted by Tifosi
If your plan is to to spend a bit of time (<24 hours) in NYC and Osaka, that all sounds pretty reasonable. Is there a reason to go from CDG-IST via ZRH? Why not do that direct on TK?

Keep in mind that the NH segments and the NRT-YVR flight will add a decent amount of YQ if Japan isn't a stopover.

Also, unless you've already confirmed availability for your dates, it can be tough to get the EXACT flights you want if your days are fairly set. It helps to have some flexibility, especially if you're looking for two J seats. Otherwise this is all a bit academic since the odds of that exact routing being available can be slim...
The plan was to do an overnight in ZRH just to...well, have done it!

I'm very much open to having HKG become a <24hr stop and change TYO to a stop - would probably make things much cheaper if I did that, is that correct?

I have yet to confirm availability for dates - I've been trying to search the resources here to find out when would work best for this in terms of J opening up availability on all the various airlines. Is there a centralized thread/wiki that has such information?

Thanks for all your help thus far!