FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:37 pm
aktchi

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by sl1ppy
There'e recent talk of using SV -
1 - Why - dry airline?
2 - What routes does this open?
I actually want to visit CAI as a holiday destination!!!
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
That talk was about a poster interested to connect to an SV flight on a separate ticket after completing his BA trip ending in CAI. Probably he has some work to do in KSA.
I had originally planed CAI runs as USA-CAI on BA and CAI-onwards on QR. My main interest was AA EQDs and miles, but of course no harm in throwing in actual visits, business or pleasure. The QR fiasco changed the second part of that equation and I have not found a good substitute.

So, how it stands now is that I use USA-CAI (BA) for the original purpose, but then I'd either fly back or optionally fly in the region with no MR angle, just some place I need to go and decide based on schedule and price. I don't much care for booze, but certainly understand if many do.

SV came up as a convenient option for one such destination. However, I have used/booked Kuwait, Gulf, Oman too. Each time I can't help feeling how many EQDs and miles I am missing that I would have eared on QR.

I am confused about "what routes does this open". Like all airlines, SV will first fly to one of its hubs and then you can go anywhere it flies to.

Last edited by aktchi; Sep 28, 2017 at 10:57 pm