FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:11 pm
dwatcher

Originally Posted by dwatcher
with the boatload of AA miles I am just thinking of booking on economy for my IAD-AMD trip. Any other suggestions for using award miles for that route in late december? Its peak time so lot of award seats aren't there or vanishing quickly.
Ok so I succumbed to economy redemption - I know not best use of miles but having two young child in itinerary and one infant I don't wanna take longer than needed flights.

Right now my award tickets are on hold. Rep came back with almost $700 for infant ticket!! No way adult fare is $7000 on etihad economy. I checked its for around$ 1700 for the dates I want in december for IAD-AMD.

So rep said to contact Etihad and see how much infant can be added for to the existing reservation. That seems odd as why would etihad add infant for award tickets issued by AA. Isn't it?

Should I HUCA? or contact Etihad for infant addition to existing resv? I am bit lost here and not sure how should I proceed?

appreciate any help