FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:25 am
Tyzap

Originally Posted by bradders81
I was also on this flight and BA have just contacted me to deny the EU261 compensation.

In speaking with the agent, the log he read seems to stretch the truth, certainly about what was announced onboard. I felt like it had been doctored frankly.

They are admitting on the phone that the contract for fuel or lack of at LPL is a problem and that had it been a "BA airport" we'd have gotten to MAN. He told me that NATS made the call on where to divert 1402 which I have to admit, seems odd. Would they not look at fuel load etc and make a call? If it's diverted on route, wouldn't that open up East Midlands? (I've been on a diverted MAN there before and there is a cargo fuel contract I believe)

Looking at the comments from CWS, I also feel this is difficult now. I'll refer it and see where it goes.
Hi bradders81,

It's only being made difficult by the stream of mis information from BA.

I feel that there is more to this fuel situation than meets the eye, and I'm not just talking about the lack of fuel at LPL.

From the captains announcement, and I quote from the previous op
"the captain himself stated landing at Liverpool was madness and he'd told BA this."

It does not sound like LPL was his choice of diversion airport and he also sounds pretty annoyed about it. We know that he would not have been directed their by ATC from Heathrow Towers informative post. So why did he div to LPL and who's decision was it?

At the moment there are more questions than answers.