FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:27 am
G-ARVE

Programs: BAEC Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
In comparison to what? In my recent experience, both T2 and T3 at CAI were definitely nicer than T3 at LHR, or T7 at JFK. The food at the VIP lounge in T2 definitely wasn't CX LHR T3 quality, but it was as nice as anything I've had recently at a BA Gallery Lounge.

The older terminals at CAI were pretty dreadful, and maybe the reviews you read focused on them.

The rooms at the nearby LeMeredian (walking bridge from T3) are comfortable, spacious, and if you have any SPG points, typically a very good bargain.
http://www.airlinequality.com/airpor...irport/page/1/ Here's the source, it's fairly unequivocal. Page after page. Fairly grim reading. It would appear the facilities are fine, the problem being with what happens, or doesn't happen within them.

As it happens I will be seeing CAI for myself. Have a couple of weeks in Egypt coming up so will be experiencing a conventional arrival (being met, insh'allah) and departure. The query which prompted this discussion concerned an additional nested trip to take advantage of the CAI-HNL fares, which involved a LHR-CAI-LHR turnaround. No need to make a decision right away, will do the HNL gig but who knows, may get to LHR on the way back and fall asleep in the lounge. Through exhaustion. A missed flight with HBO ought not to inconvenience anyone overly....