FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Thank You now transfers Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:02 am
presario1626

Originally Posted by bluedog44
Day 14. Success! Just got off the phone with TK (800-874-8874). Explained the award booking problems and she said she could make the reservation for me. (shock) It took 25 min.

Step 1: She took our full names (exactly as on passport), flight/date I wanted. System wouldn't process until she removed my father's TK account number. Seems the system only wants the account holder's number, which is probably why it kept telling me the first reservation has to be made in my name. So if booking for 2+ only enter the account holder's TK#.

Step 2: Payment
After booking she sent me to payment (like being put on Hold). It was an automated system that asked for my credit card number, the expiration date, and security code. I followed the instructions and entered the numbers on my phone. After, it took me back to the agent. Worked very well.

Step 3: Deducting miles
She put me on hold, I entered my passcode number to my TK account, then back to her where she was in my account and able to deduct 35K miles for the two one-way tickets. Then she repeated the itinerary to confirm. She then sent me the tickets by email (took seconds only) and waited until I got them. Had ticket numbers and reservation code. Every time she put me on hold I kept thinking, "please, please, don't let me get cut off!" I can't make seat assignments until 100 days before the flight.
Thanks for the report, good to know you can make payment on the phone instead of having to go to a ticket office!