FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Anaheim vs Sheraton Park Anaheim Resort [Master Thread]
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:55 pm
LobsterSFO

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat.
Make a Green Choice not honored at Sheraton Park Anaheim Resort

I stayed at the Sheraton Park Anaheim Park Resort last weekend. During booking I selected the option to opt-in to Make a Green Choice and my booking confirmation included the opt-in.

After the stay posted to my account I noticed that MAGC points hadn't posted. I followed up with the hotel and got a reply that the don't participate in the program. I sent a screenshot of the booking confirmation that I received the morning of the stay that included the opt-in text and they agreed to honor it "as a one time courtesy" while still insisting they don't participate.

I tried making a test booking just now and they still offer the option. It could be a mistake on their part or perhaps they just don't want to give up the points without a fight. Perhaps one of the Lurkers could encourage them to fix it so others aren't mislead.

(as an aside, as hotels often "forget" to post MAGC points, perhaps they should have to post double points when guests have to contact them to correct it, it might encourage them to be a little more honest).