FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can anyone recommend an agroturismo?
View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:26 pm
Perche

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by KLouis
Let me add to Perche's post that several Agriturismo owners have gotten substantial financial help from local governments to start or improve their businesses. I know of several such businesses around Perugia, which then (I think they're allowed to do so after one or two years, or they're doing it illegally) rent their small houses or cabins or whatever they built not to tourists but to people needing a place for periods of several months (e.g. visiting scholars at Universities, etc.). Others really do rent rooms to tourists but their main business is the restaurant that is attached to the 2-3 available rooms, and which was renovated, again using the subsidies from the Regione or the Commune (in reality: EU funds).

At any rate, the Internet is absolutely full (but really, really full) of sites offering agriturismo possibilities. I agree with those who said that one has to do some research before asking for help. The North (as per OP) is so diverse both in terms of nature (Val padana vs. Alps), in terms of food, culture etc., and when one starts comparing to the rest of Italy, one gets lost. And it's not only a matter of taste: also think of the financial aspects. What one is expensive to one, is cheap to another...
Yes. Since agriturismos in the region around Rome (Lazio) are allowed to have up to 50 beds and 13 bathrooms, it’s obvious that you would not be staying on a farm.